Will these small engine work?


Lyle Johnston A. I got an .049 when I was about 11 (1969). Didn't have a
plane so, I mounted it to a stake nailed to a 4x6. Ran it time after time, between the house and the shop. My ears still ring! Older brother (he's gone now) gave me a Sterling Beginners Ringmaster model which I did a beautiful job on.

 It was a "Golden Bee" so it had a 3 1/2 oz. tank instead of a 1 1/2 oz. like a "baby Bee". Let me tell ya that very first flight terrifying/thrilling/lllooonnnggg! B. I've never seen so many replies. And mostly positive at that. C. 2.4K People never had the joy of running a finger or two through one of those hungry little props!

  BearsEarsRanch What do you mean 'will they work'? They've been working since the 1960s and I have a whole box of them I use on free flight powered planed. One drop of fuel will power one for up to three minutes before it coasts back down.

  James Tuttle These little engines have been around since the 60's and Yes, they work. They do however require a fuel that is much higher in Nitromethane content than other larger 'Glow Engines'. Seeing all that oily mess reminds me why I went to electric power. I spent a Fortune on 409 and Paper towels after each flying session.

  Michael In San Francisco In the 60s I had the car, plane, and dragster. The dragster was cool: hammer a nail into the asphalt. Tied a string to it. Looped a string through two grommets, one in the front of the dragster, looped into the front grommet. Then stretched a string as long as you wanted (about 100 yards for me). Nailed a second nail into the asphalt. Stared the little Cox engine.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Label Cloud

Healthy (19) Other (100) sport News (21) Travel (22)