Steaming A 4" Foster Traction Engine


Monsieurturmoil When I was a child of maybe age 4, so 1963, my parents
home was in an uber rural location in deepest SW Suffolk ... Out the back our house were some of our fields, whilst you could then see across onto the fields of another farm over to the left ...

 I can clearly remember watching, from a distance of maybe 500 yards as they 'chain ploughed' with two traction engines on the fields of the next farm. Being a child who loved all that I tried to persuade my father to do the same, with no success... Though I did get to ride on the steering platform of the open grey green Claas combine; which was incredibly dangerous looking back!


Dhwnit K thank you for sharing this ....watchin it fire gave me a rare anxiety... here in my town we have an old 18 century railway line from times of british rule.its just 2" gauge . i tried makin a railcart n i did..but i just powerd from small generator.. but this thing is a great idea.

  John Kinnane G'day a really terrific engine. It was great to see the whole firing up and raising steam thank you for sharing this video. One day after I have finished building my 5" gauge Super Simplex I would like to build a traction engine simply love the old things I have subscribed and look forward to watching you videos kind regards John Tasmania Australia.

  r pm Not sure what the general purpose of the tractor is but I would rather slave all day with a pick ax and shovel than to do all that to move that slippery metal object called a tractor
  Alessandro Mattiuzzo could you have made the engine go faster, by adding coal? or just waiting for it to go higher. Shouldn't you put water in so that it boils on these machines?
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Label Cloud

Healthy (19) Other (100) sport News (21) Travel (22)