How to defeat Hypersonic-Missile?

lamanchadale 
No mention of how to stop the hypersonic missile.
The only way is to use directed energy weapons early in its flight. The boost stage is when the missile is vulnerable. That is why the USA has been working on high energy LASERS for so long.

 The weapons need to be airborne or space born to hit the missile in boost stage. I worked on them as an engineer before I retired. It is a waste of time and money to pursue anything else. The Russians tried to develop a proton accelerator to shoot down US missiles during the cold war.

They had a massive facility outside of Moscow for this purpose. It was not possible to make it small enough to put on aircraft or satellites. They poured all their resources into this. The US pursued electronics, cruise missiles, and terrain following aircraft like the F-111 bomber as offensive weapons. The proton accelerator was useless against these weapons. The Russians closed down that facility in the 80s.

 They were left with nothing. Since I have been retired for many years, I do not know what has become of these weapon systems, but I can guess. The Navy is now putting LASERS on ships to shoot down drones. Why not larger LASERS to shoot down planes and missiles? I can only speculate. The Airforce Airborne LASER System was canceled a few years ago. It was a massive LASER on a 747 to destroy missiles in the boost stage.
 This means to me that the LASERS are now in a more logical place, in space. I think there are now LASER systems in space to shoot down missiles in the boost stage. The satellites can be in geostationary orbits far away from systems that can shoot them down.
This is what I think happened, but it is just my opinion since I have been far removed for many years. Don't think I am revealing secret information, I am not. The potential enemies know all of this.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Label Cloud

Healthy (19) Other (100) sport News (21) Travel (22)